Hello friends! Matt here.
So what is How the World Should Work, exactly?
Turns out, I ask myself the same thing almost every day – its been a constantly evolving concept since the beginning. The simple answer is this: we are an organization of everyday folk who collectively desire a better world in the most general of senses. Its an idea. A group. Perhaps one day, a movement.
Our ever-present goal is to not only exist as an organization which promotes awareness of society’s innumerable missteps, but to actually do something about them. To that end, we are always going back to the drawing board to think of ways we can achieve this. As we grow in interest and engagement, we intend to continually scale up our operation. Perhaps the best way of illustrating how this all came about is to give a basic outline of milestones:
- August, 2015: Elizabeth Shao, my mother and greatest influence, passed – leading me to pursue my lifelong dream of writing.
- April 2016: my first novel, Continuity, was published and dedicated to her.
- May 2016: after my publisher suggested it, this website (which then was a free WordPress account), was created as a simple blog/journal to host free examples of my writing and to log my personal thoughts.
- November 2016: I decided to expand my efforts and purchase this domain name, with a long-term intention of legitimizing the concept of How the World Should Work.
- March 2017: It was suggested that I start a podcast to both gain exposure as a writer and to address the many passions we share about the world and its issues.
- May 2017: our very first episode (Purpose & Meaning of Life) was published on iTunes!
I’ll end there and finish with a quick narrative of what happened after that first upload.
The podcast sparked a significant chain-reaction. The process of planning, recording, and editing required an enormous amount of time, which gave us ample opportunity to discuss other things we could do to make little operation grow and move forward. Ultimately, we decided to start an official nonprofit with the very basic goal of making our world a better place through whatever means possible.
So, here we are! In addition to the podcast, we’re always looking for volunteer/community outreach opportunities which we can team up with to help in any way we can.
Hopefully that gives you a good idea of what we’re all about. Please accept our sincere gratitude for spending time to visit this page and view our content. I hope you enjoy your stay!
Matt Shao, founder
Join us on: